vendredi 16 mai 2008

Chrysler from the Inside

On April the 17th, it happened that I must go to 4th avenue, near Grand Central Station, for an interview. Do you remember, dear readers of my not so epic trips, that once upon a time, my steps guided me toward this place? Do you remember that, as my eyes detected the sacred giant, I swore to God (and pavements witness my words), "I will come back for you"? My faithful readers, if your gentleness reminds you of my person, you will understand why, using the so-used proverb " To kill two birds with one stone", I decided to pay a visit to my old friend: Chrysler Building.
Did he turn to be the glorious one? No point in talking about this. Because, even if has been the highest one for a short time (soon and easily vanquished by this immortal enemy, Empire State Building), he will always be a unique testimony of style and aestheticism beloved by every new yorker.














Unique because of his Art Deco style which conveyed him his distinction: a marble-covered jewel-like glass crown, also evoked by the entrance ornament. Although Chrysler building was not the only one Art Deco Building, nowadays, he remains the most famous one due to his architecture and his well-preservation. Now check by yourself !

Aucun commentaire: